Friday, March 27, 2015

A Blog is Born...

I wanted to participate in The Diva's Weekly Challenges, so a blog is born.  As I know nothing about blogs, it will be an interesting learning experience.  Fortunately, my twin brother is a pro.  I will soon bombard him with many texts and phone calls. Of course, I haven't informed him yet...

At the end of February, I paid a surprise visit to my mom in Reno. Thanks to my wonderful husband and above mentioned brother, we were able to keep the visit a surprise. Challenging for me was not posting on FB about visit and the subsequent flight cancellation that begged to be ranted about online.  I survived and Mom was overjoyed.

Mom's house is a craft bonanza.  Always has been.  We would spend hours on the weekend crafting and hanging out.  This visit was no different.  Aided by a skiing tumble, she introduced me to Zentangle®.  And since the introduction, I have been tangling every day.  I tend to craft more with paper and beads, art is my Mom and brother's area of expertise. But here I am, taking this new experience and enjoying every moment.  The methods that turn simple strokes into beautiful creations.  I am hooked.

With that being said, here is the first entry for the Diva Challenge


2 comments:

  1. Great spiral! and welcome to the blog-o-sphere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to 'meet' you!!!! Your spiral tile is very beautiful and the tangles well chosen.
    This week was my birthday and in the afternoon the doorbell rang and .... there was my daughter (who lives in Switzerland and I live in the Netherlands). Never expected her to come as a surprise. So, I know how your mother felt :-)

    ReplyDelete